Saturday, March 6, 2010

MiSTEAKen Identity


MiSTEAKen Identity
Episode 19 of Left Field
Published Feb. 1, 2010 in the Northfield Entertainment Guide

Simply Fodder for Your Next Cocktail Party
By Sherri Faye ©2009






Dreams are funny things. Some people claim to not dream at all – or at least have no recollection of them. I have very vivid dreams that punctuate my slumber. Most so bizarre, if taken literally, seem completely absurd.  I’ve gotten pretty good at interpreting my dreams though. I believe they are a subconscious effort to raise our fears, hopes, (and… ahem… dreams) to a conscious level. Dreams can help us sort through the complexities of life and may even help us prepare for inevitable or probable future events. I don’t live by my dreams, but I do use them as tools to help make sense of things from time to time. 
About fifteen years ago I dreamt that I won the lottery! My now ex-husband  shook me awake, mistaking my screams of joy for nightmarish shrieking. I blurted out “WRITE DOWN THESE NUMBERS! XXXXXX etc…!” (Dream on, I am not revealing them). I can’t remember them exactly. And, you’re not gonna believe it, he didn’t write them down! (No, that’s not why we split up, but it was definitely a red flag). I have been trying to recall those elusive digits ever since. Every once in a while when I think I am close, I buy a lotto ticket. Hey, I can dream, can’t I?

Aided and Abetted by " Gus the Bus (technically a van) Driver".



(c) 2009 Sherri Faye  All Rights Reserved.
Buy cool cow crap! Cow gifts for cow fans!



No comments: